Intake Form

Best Financial Advice From A Drunk


This is a true story that personally experienced many moons ago.

I was a fresh faced employee within a team which was predominately male dominated.

I'd heard about this gentleman in the office who was so astute with finances, but he also had a drinking problem which affected his job.

Anyway, I carefully chose that moment to catch him where I could have a conversation with him and pick his brain about finances.

Memory doesn't serve me very well, but I think he was kind of out of it on the day in question.

By now you probably are thinking that I must be mad. No. I wasn't. I was simply curious. 

Can you believe that he gave me the best pieces of advice which still hold true today:

  1. Join the pension
  2. Purchase your council owned property
I did both and have absolutely no regrets whatsoever.

I would love to know what happened to him after all these years have passed by.

The moral of the story is that we must always seek out ways to get our finances better than they were yesterday. 

Feel free to contact me for your brainstorming session and until next time, bye for now.

Book An Appointment

Member of Chambers of Commerce

Member of Chambers of Commerce